Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dinner and Drinks


So, I was getting a bit nostalgic for an old college friend after having a less than splendid evening with a potential "match." Yah...a match he was not! That is for another posting. Anyway, I shot off an email to the Z man stating, mushily, how much I miss making those 1a.m. phone calls to vent. Apparently I conveyed my piteous needs as it took only minutes for a return email for an offer of dinner and drinks. Much to my delight, I jumped on the offer as I am a poor college student and a free meal is like a door opening to heaven! Okay, so that is not entirely true. In reality, any opportunity that I am able to spend with my old friend is one that I take when it is presented. How did Zach and I meet you ask? Well, during my first stint in college, oh...about eleven years ago, I was introduced to Zach through a highschool friend at a party. He had dashing good looks, a way with the ladies, and a personality that was lacking nothing! We immediately hit it off after finding out that my Grandpa Krienert was from the same small town in which Zach grew up in. As if that was not enough, I came to find out that my very own mother actually babysat Zachs mother on a few different occasions. What a small world! From here, Zach and I became bosom buddies and rarely went a day without talking to one another at least two or three times a day! Dinner, movies, parties, 3a.m. phone calls, a last minute date for something important, and road trips were not unordinary. He soon became a part of my family. As it goes with getting older, the demands of life take over and relationships evolve. Although we are lucky to see each other a few times a year and only have an occasional phone call, his friendship is still as significant to me today as it was in the beginning! Everyone should be so lucky!

5 comments:

4man said...

huh.
so...
well!
how should I put this??
I gotta know.
That's his whole story?
Is he single?
Cause you two make quite a dashing couple...

maryjean said...

O.K. seriously.... you said I was sappy???
I think I'm going into a diabetic coma, that was so syrupy.

maryjean said...

He his quite dashing, and those are some BANGS, sista!

ha

Margaret said...

Yes Karen, he is single! Would you like me to set the two of you up?

Margaret said...

Yes Mary, I did have a bit of the sap factor. BUT...I knew it and I stated it up front! And what...you don't like the 80's Bangs?!? Your just jealous aren't you?