Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Prada


She is a handful…in every sense of the word. It definitely takes two hands to carry her. It also takes two hands, legs, feet, and/or full body to push her off your face in the wee hours of the morning. I swear she has an internal alarm clock that goes off every morning around 4 a.m. No matter how much I want to snuggle with her when I go to bed, she always ignores me and snootily plops herself as far from me as possible. However, at 4 am, right around the time I am dreaming about prince charming and winning the lottery, I find my air supply suddenly being cut off. Either that or my pillow is getting fluffed. It takes her an hour to find just the right angle to settle in on my pillow and if she can’t find a comfy spot there she then climbs onto my chest and snuggles in the crook of my neck. It is during this time that I sleepily shove her over the side of the bed! Once I finally fall back into a relatively relaxing sleep I am once again awoken by loud “meow, meow, meow, meow’s” and open my eyes to see her big cat eyes staring into mine. Well screw it now! I may as well get up and feed the pain in my arse since I have to be up in ½ an hour anyway.

It may seem like I don’t love her, but the opposite is true. I knew from the moment that they set her down in the “meeting room” that I would be taking her home. She was visibly overweight and an older/oldest cat at the Humane Society that day, but she immediately jumped up on the ledge and arched her body against my arm and torso and began to purr. She found her home. She is a bit of a queen and expects things to go as she wants them…hence the name Prada. She has a snooty air about her while still being able to melt people’s hearts with her slow waddle and talent for fitting her girth perfectly in your lap. What else can I say, I love the little fatty!




No comments: